Riecoin is a decentralized (p2p), open source digital currency. It allows to transfer money to anywhere in the world with only minimum transaction fees, sometimes even for free (depending on many factors like the amount to transfer and the network load at the moment of the transaction). It is a fork of the Bitcoin project. The name "Riecoin" pays homage to Bernhard Riemann, whose work generated new ways of studying the distribution of prime numbers and is referenced in the math of Riecoin. It also pays homage to Bitcoin, the cryptocurrency that started them all.
GatraRiecoin Core Developer.
Bill SotnikowIntro to Riecoin Video Artist. RGJAyKFQAS7eKvmhU66hm3ApA6jTyFRvEu
Northranger79510Riecoin.org Website Designer. RRfX7TMuU9sYTJEG2RJEjEn4Z1vK3agkJM
The RPC API is extremely similar to Bitcoin's JSON API.
- Only the getwork command has changed significatively. It now returns the padded data to hash, you have to hash, find a nonce and embed it in the data. Please see the source code of client or the external miner for reference.
- The meaning of gethashespersec and the difficulty in getmininginfo have changed.
- getblocktemplate had small changes. The target does not exist anymore, and the noncerange is now always the full 256 bits of the nonce field except when the trailing zeros are less than 256 (see the PoW explanation).
The P2P protocol is extremely similar to Bitcoin's protocol.
- The block header has changed. Timestamps are now 64 bits and there are 256 bits for the nonce.
- The protocol version is hardcoded to 10070001 and the protocol's "magic" number is 0xdbb2bcfc, and 0x0511090d for testnet.
- Blocks every 2.5 minutes
- Block reward of 50RIC, halving every 840000 (about 4 years)
- Cap: about 84 million RIC
- PoW: custom, prime constellations
- Difficulty adjustments every 288 blocks (targeted every 12hs)
- RPC port 28332, or 38332 for testnet
- P2P port 28333, or 38333 for testnet